Derived from Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Barb Musick.
So easy, so cheesy. Put a spin on your next Family DIY Pizza Night by using French bread as your base, and reach pizza perfection by layering on our aged cashew cheese. If you have picky pizza peeps, no problem! This recipe is easy to customize with all of your favorite toppings.
- 1 (16oz) loaf French bread, or two smaller loaves
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups sliced Wild Mushroom & Truffle Aged Cashew Cheese
- Bell pepper, sliced
- White mushrooms, sliced
- Pitted green olives, sliced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise and place on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over bread, using as much sauce as desired. Spread Wild Mushroom & Truffle cashew cheese over bread, then add bell pepper, mushrooms and green olives evenly across top. Finish off with a sprinkle of oregano.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet front to back halfway through, until the bread is crisp.